The OVBIA sets it vision, plan and budget for the year every fall prior to the Annual General Meeting. At our AGM the budget, and by extension plans for the following year are approved.
Every four years, following Municipal elections, BIAs elect a new Board. The Boards meets 10 times per year. At our Board Meetings, we develop the details of our targeted programmes, divide up the work among our volunteers and discuss arising opportunities. Approved meeting minutes are available. Please reach out to get involved, volunteer, or for a copy of the minutes.
Board of Directors
- Jeffrey P. Peters, Chair
- Mark Zwicker, Co-Vice Chair
- Melake Tezazu, Co-Vie Chair
- Sarah Lockett, Treasurer
- Mauricio Jimenez
- Sam Rosenbaum
- Anne Sorrenti
- Joanne Dileo
- Leslie Salituro
- Paulette Di Renzo
- Councillor Alejandra Bravo (Ward 9 – Davenport)
- Councillor Josh Matlow (Ward 12 – Toronto – St. Paul’s)
Links, grants, programmes and operating guidelines from the City and Province
There are several business support programmes, grants and workshops available to businesses and through BIAs. Updated opportunities are announced in our Member Newsletters.
- Business licensing and permit application portal
- CafeTO curbside and patio applications
- Digital Main Street: Provides support for businesses interested in adopting technologies to help their businesses
- Start-Up Here connects entrepreneurs to programs, resources and events to help them start, grow and scale their business in Toronto
- Commercial Façade Grant
- CRA and Service Canada small business supports