Explore Toronto’s Oakwood Village with our 2023 magazine! ‘Getting to know our community’ is the theme of this second edition of the Oakwood Village BIA Magazine. With this publication we are bringing it back to the community to highlight exciting initiatives, great things to see/do, and recent changes that are happening right here in Oakwood.
In these pages:
- Check out the incredible local business stories and art as part of our ‘Honouring Black History in our Community’ project, then visit the weblink to check out the full experience (pg 4).
- Take a tour of some of Oakwood Village’s great places to eat, play, and explore with ‘How to Spend a Day in Oakwood’ (pgs 8 to 9).
- Then explore mouth-watering lunch spots with our ‘Oakwood Brunch/Lunch Crawl’ (pgs 22-23).
- Learn about some of the exciting changes to the local streetscape – from the re-opening of Eglinton Avenue West for the new LRT (pg 30), to new Oakwood Village-branded lighting and banners (pg 6 & 26)!
- Enjoy a recap of local initiatives including the Bag of Oakwood (pg 34), Spring Fling (pg 27), and Flower Power (pg 20).
- Have fun with our colourable pages of local landmarks (pgs 42 and 43) and the word search (pg 40).
- Get a refresher with our Safe Cycling Tips (pg 12) …and more!